Skip to main content

Change the World; I Dare You


Change the World; I Dare You
–––
There's a Buckminster Fuller quote that says it all to me: "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." 

Ever since I got on social media, since day one, my whole thrust/purpose/goal/intention ... whatever you want to call it ... has been to change the world. Yes, indeedy. 

I know that I sound a bit like a self-deluding airhead when I say such things, but I bought completely an idea that was circulated––that to achieve anything, one has to shoot much farther than the target. 

I decided to keep everything that I put out into the world as positive as I could muster for that day. That was to stand in the face of everything that was pulling this world down. Bad news; bad attitudes; bad behavior. I don't tackle all of that stuff head on, I merely change the focus.

So maybe I only change the lives of 20, 200 or 2000 in my whole life ... that's more than would have been if I hadn't been shooting for the target of trying to change the entire world ... ;o).

I also bought, "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours", so I try to keep my focus on only the positive things in my own life so that I have a smile when those that need it come by ... ;o).

People say that that is not an easy thing to do, but over time I have actually found it easier than keeping the negative stuff in front of my nose trying to "figure it all out". I just keep persisting in ignoring the crap and pouring fuel onto anything that is good and making that better. Does that make all my problems go away? ... no ... but from the viewpoint that I've taken on, I feel that I am achieving something through staying positive here that I never would have achieved without it. Sure, it's not easy going against the prevailing wind, the tide of lemmings earnest in hurling themselves off a cliff of despair. But did you really want to go there anyway?

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

The world isn't going to change itself, and it takes many people to do it. Let's all take the existing model of "complaining and negativity" towards obsolete, shall we? Or did you want to keep that stuff? ... ;o)








–––––
#FloralFriday
#rgwoodpost #naturephotography NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY #colors   #inspiration #TGIF #canonphotography #canonphotographer #macrophotography #flowerphotography #floralphotography

Comments

  1. Like a regal brooch for a queen. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Robin and a fabulous photo. That red colour is delicious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!  Love that vivid red an the pollen detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous post, dear Robin Griggs Wood !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for those words by fuller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally agree with you Robin Griggs Wood beside that, great flower  and your photo will be re-shared in #Macro4All stream (Macro4All)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The image is stunning and the words more so! I know somebody whose world you changed for the positive Robin Griggs Wood #justsayin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been told to start a gratitude journal and write three things I'm thankful for in it every day.  I think I must lest the negativity wash away all my good intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dusty Gedge -- I love that description ... thank you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly Gunderson -- thank you so much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana Boyd -- thank you very much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret Tompkins -- thank you kindly, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sofie Løve Forsberg -- thank you for saying that, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vincent Shriver -- I like that! ... thank you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hegde supriya -- isn't it great?! ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Walter Soestbergen -- thank you so much ... and for the share, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shawn McClure -- thank you, my friend ... happy weekend to you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brad Buckmaster -- aw, thank you for saying that! Do you think I'm reaching too far ... ;oD haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Todd Green -- I think journaling positives is a great way to keep them in focus ... gratitude is one of the best of those. Great idea, my friend. I always love your wise words ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ugo Cei -- thank you very much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic post with a vibrant picture. Thank you for sharing Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  22. sweet wise Robin Griggs Wood , so beautiful shot and words, thanks for sharing with Breakfast Club

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple and stunning work Robin. Thanks for your words of wisdom too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful and brilliant Robin Griggs Wood!  ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Derek Wright -- thank you for saying that ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gemma Costa -- thank you, dearest lady! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dana Lynn Moyer -- thank you so much, dear ... have a lovely day ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ruslan Hrushchak -- thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jennifer Luzio --  thank you, dear! ... xo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. a wonderful weekend to you Robin Griggs Wood full of smiles

    ReplyDelete
  31. Peter Phillips -- heehee ... we "self-deluding airheads" are not as self-deluding as it seems! ... ;oD. I'm so glad to know that it didn't come out mushy, really ... thank you for saying that and all your kind words. Enjoy your day and weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. you an do this quickly i did by changing myself try it it may work

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome shot and I really like your outlook on life it is much better to focus on the positive and not the negative Great Post Robin Griggs Wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. There's some pollen a poppin'  。◕‿◕。  good catch Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are making a difference and the world you share with us is such a magical one! We can feel the energy and love in each post and we are extremely privileged to be a small part of your world. Thank you so much for all you give and all you teach. Priceless, you are absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Brava!  I agree.  Positive thinking, positive doing, and hope are our best chance for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Tom McGowan -- I agree  ... and thank you also for your kind words, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Joe Vallee -- how are you doing, my friend? ... thank you for the fun comment and a happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Shane Williams -- thank you so much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cheryl Cooper -- and I am so privileged to have you in my world! Thank you so much, dearest! ... xo and a happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Jacqueline Hodsdon -- I'm so glad you say that and thank you for the kind words, too, dear! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Be bold and daring as red but to inspire let your core being continually glow and shine! The very reason why you inspire so many of us here and thank you for this post Robin Griggs Wood! Magnificent floral capture but your words and text that follow now stays with me and that Buckminster Fuller quote a keeper for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Marilou Aballe -- are you familiar with much of Fuller? ... he has said some things that are really mind-blowing. I love his engineer's outlook on things ... :o). Thank you for the kind comment, dear, and for taking the time to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Robin Griggs Wood as someone who finds themselves surrounded by and nearly completely immersed in negative energy lately (not by choice), your post, both the timing and your words, may just be that little spark that I needed to start an ascent out of it all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Christopher Germano -- wow
    You know I love reading that. Hang in there, my friend––by statistics there are a whole lot more of the "good guys" out there than the bad ones ... :o). We've got many of them in the mentorship as well. And you, of course, are one of the good guys ... ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  46. Robin Griggs Wood My next couple of years are going to have many really negative events/times/interactions in them. Those can't be avoided but what I can do is to make sure every day has a smile in it and to make that smile more important than the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Richard Ball -- that's just what I'm saying ... you said it perfectly. My problems certainly don't go away; I still need to rally towards solutions ... but that rallying is a whole lot easier with my "get 'er done" muscles at the ready through remaining positive as much as possible! ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  48. ..this is someone who has not to add anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  49. "I dare you" soo loving it!!! <3
    A MUST SHARE :-)
    & I must thank you for this page!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!