Skip to main content

––

––
Leap of Faith
There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. 
So what the hell, leap. ~ Cynthia Heimel

As an adjunct to my "stolen work" post yesterday (http://goo.gl/GaznB) … I offer some more thoughts on the subject.

I like to push the creative envelope with my images, just to see what is possible. It doesn't matter, I can always shoot more or process again.

Too many artists fall in love with their work, their "children", and can't move past the idea to just do MORE. 

These "children", like real children, need to be let go of eventually. Then the new create can come in, which has the potential to become something much greater.

The ability to "waste" your work is actually sanity in the world of creativity.

 ………….








–––––
#FloralFriday with thanks to Tamara Pruessner
#PurpleCircle, with thanks to Lynn Langmade Craig Szymanski Sinead Sam McKeown Alexis Coram 
#TextureBlendPhotography and #BreakfastClub with huge thanks to Gemma Costa and Breakfast Club
10000 PHOTOGRAPHERS / #10000photographersaroundtheworld  with thanks to Robert SKREINER
#pixelworld with thanks to Alberto Carreras and PixelWorld
#hqspflowers with thanks to HQSP Flowers Marina Versaci Carina Marsh Larry Henley and Werner Polwein
#ColorsOnFriday, with thanks to Britta Rogge and Karsten Meyer
#ColorMeWeekly ColorMe Weekly with thanks to Rosie Nixon






#rgwoodpost #canonphotography #canonphotographer #digitalphotography Promote Photography   #promotephotography #amazing #naturephotography NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY Nature Photography #color #colors #inspiration #canonphotography #flowerphotography   #floralphotography


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Please feel free to ask me, if you would like any of my images made available for print at robingriggswood.com
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Comments

  1. It looks like through a bridal veil, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and as always your words are enlightening and inspiring Robin Griggs Wood thank you for sharing and being such an awesome person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful done, lovin' the pastels

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fills my heart with joy. I want to get lost in this pastel dream forever !! One of my favourites of yous Robin Griggs Wood ! I

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been struggling with this a little bit recently.  I would like to have more people buy prints or pay to use my images.  But I find that most people just steal them to use as mast-heads on their business websites.  I even found someone who took my image for a CD cover.  You're right: when I think about those, I think it discourages me.  I tell myself "don't worry about it."  "Make the art for it's own sake."  "Do it for self expression and a creative outlet."  I guess we'll see if I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely textures and colors in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl Pettypiece -- thank you for saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carina Marsh -- thank you, dear ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom McGowan -- aw, you're such a good friend ... thank you so much ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andreas Kaspar -- thank you, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doug Hagadorn -- thank you kindly ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saji Saju -- what a sweet thing to say .. thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca Harden-Heick -- thank you, kindly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I make edible art.  Whole dioramas made of marzipan,  Painted sculptures which have a limited life span.   People ask me how I can spend so much time on something which will "just be eaten."

    That is the point!  It is beauty which you can ingest!  Make it a part of yourself.  Then it continues to exist as all my friends who have partaken.

    Much less ephemeral than most people can envision.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brian Grzelewski -- I understand what you say. And don't think I wasn't vexed finding my work so exploited. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was actually giving a portion of my life away to that vexation and it became easier to let it go. I don't think that it has to be limited to "Make the art for it's own sake" either, if you don't want it to. As I have discussed with you in the GMAPP before, it's more about whether it is a burning passion in you or not. If it burns, find out what you need to make it burn so bright that requests for your work are greater than the thievery (I'm still working on that, by the way, so I'm in the same boat as you.)

    The other option, if the passion is not all-consuming, is, yes, realize what pleasure you do get out of it––and go and find what burns brighter in you. In this world of "free" images, and the glut of photographers out there, it's important not to get caught up in the fact that you can do work that rivals the masters of yesterday. There are a lot of people out there that can! The important thing is to find your passion and find a way to excel at it. You can also keep in mind "value added" and that eventually there will be folks who will seek you out simply because you are nicer to work with than the last guy ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tamara Pruessner -- thank you so much, dear! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sinead Sam McKeown -- oh thank you so much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blaze O'Rama -- I love that! Have you ever seen the movie "Babette's Feast" ... it so encompasses what you describe. The movie is slow and plodding, until the last half hour, which is pure pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not seen that.  I will place in on my list!  Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty ..and very good advice as well, it is so easy to get stuck in a rut; and sometimes so hard to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous image! Love the subtle colors and wonderful treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your thoughts on this, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stunning. Love the soft tones.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much and for taking the time to comment, Hannah Stuart, Paul Paradis, ColorMe Weekly (and Rosie Nixon), Alena Kucharenka, Patt Dickson, Steve Barge, Demerval Sousa, Robin Preston, Marina Versaci and Simos Xenakis!

    ReplyDelete
  25. مرة حلوة هذه الصورة

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!