Skip to main content

Talking To Myself


Talking To Myself
Did you know that you talk to yourself all day long?

No, not the mental chatter about activities and chores that you need to remember throughout the day. That’s a form of self-talk too, but I’m referring to the things you say to yourself on a regular basis; and more importantly, the tone you use when you say them.

When you make a mistake, do you berate yourself angrily? Do you put yourself down or call yourself derogatory names?

When you have a hard time making positive changes in your life, do you bemoan what a “worthless” person you are and conclude that you can’t do anything right?

Negative self-talk can be incredibly damaging to your self-esteem, especially if it is a big part of your daily life. When you keep saying things like that to yourself, eventually you begin to BELIEVE them!

Most often these negative messages begin as statements uttered by the adults in your life when you were a child. They may have said something negative about you when your actions displeased them, or perhaps they had a habit of saying unkind things even when you didn’t deserve it.

As painful as these experiences can be, it is even worse when you pick up where they left off and keep repeating the same negative messages to yourself over and over!

The good news is that you can change your “self-talk” any time you want. The first step is to become aware of the tone of your messages and consciously replace them with more encouraging ones.

(~ above author unknown) 

You are the one person in your life that has the opportunity to be your greatest support and be the fuel that fosters the attainment of everything you desire. Don't forget that, if you make less of yourself, you will only have less YOU in the end. … ;o)

~rgw





–––––
Love posting to themes? You might enjoy these great themes with excellent curators! Themes and hashtags are not necessarily about getting more attention, but are a valuable indexing method, which help others find relevant posts via clickable links as well as a great way to meet like-minded people. I tend to only promote those themes with active, caring curators.

#ThirstyThursdayPics with thanks to  Giuseppe Basile & Mark Esguerra #thirstythursday


#BreakfastClub with huge thanks to Gemma Costa and Breakfast Club
10000 PHOTOGRAPHERS / #10000photographersaroundtheworld  with thanks to Robert SKREINER
#pixelworld with thanks to Alberto Carreras and PixelWorld
#promotephotography with thanks to Nikola Nikolski Naghmeh Khadembashi Gittan Beheydt Milena Ilieva and Promote Photography
#TheMagicOfLight  The Magic of Light with thanks to Ray Bilcliff

#LandscapePhotography with thanks to Margaret Tompkins Carra Riley paul t beard David Heath Williams Bill Wood Jim Warthman Ben T jeff beddow Tom Hierl  Vishal Kumar  Michael Blyde  Carolyn Lim  Steve Gould  Jay Gould and Landscape Photography


#rgwoodpost #canonphotography #canonphotographer #digitalphotography #amazing #naturephotography #inspiration #color #colors #fineart #fineartpls #landscapeart #sunset #sunsetphotography



▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Please feel free to ask me,
if you would like any of my images 
available for print at robingriggswood.com

Comments

  1. Beautiful place....like (•͡.̮ •͡ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to lay on that beach for a few hours while contemplating your above message...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post like this one are appreciated. thank you for taking your time to share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty interesting. Beautiful post and splendid image

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome place. Terrific shot. Thank you for sharing it with The Magic of Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image Robin Griggs Wood and your words as always are inspiring thank you for being my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this post and photo! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful capture! The gull is a nice touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good advice...needed the 'kick-start'.  Would be great to see all these in one place, a Book i.e. with these inspiring quotes and beautiful pics....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic image, I love the feeling in it, it forces you to be in peace with yourself ... as Lauri Novak said: you rock!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love it - the message and the image, Robin Griggs Wood thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this great post Robin Griggs Wood . Awesome picture too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to second what Shannon Adelson said. The beach is a perfect place to reflect, breathe a bit of fresh air and think good thoughts. Wonderful post Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly, beautiful image Robin Griggs Wood 

    Regarding the content of your post it is spot on. It can be a real struggle to change your own internal dialog but it is incredibly empowering once you make that switch from negative to positive.

    To borrow a quote from the German Psychologist, Erich Fromm
    ~ As long as anyone believes that his ideal and purpose is outside him, that it is above the clouds, in the past or in the future, he will go outside himself and seek fulfilment where it cannot be found. He will look for solutions and answers at every point except where they can be found - in himself. ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You very much very much for sharing this. Thank You ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very true - I know I've been guilty of this and have to work hard to stay away from beating myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I fall into the negative thinking category, which is probably haven't done more with myself, and while I know I am the one that needs to make the change, after so many years, it's not as easy as flipping a switch, it's more like turning a 747. It's always helpful to surround yourself with positive thinking people, and I'm always thankful that you are one of those Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anna Ryndak -- I'm glad you like it!
    leksy nelson -- thank you
    Lauri Novak -- thank you, dear .. xo!
    Shannon Adelson -- heehee ... what a nice idea ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Luis Cruz -- thank you for saying that and you're welcome ... :o)
    Vincent Dale -- thank you, my friend!
    Ray Bilcliff -- thank you so much, my friend!
    Tom McGowan -- and thank you for being my friend! ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anna Mathioudaki -- you're welcome and thank you!
    Sumit Sen -- thanks, my friend!
    Andy Smith -- thank you so much, my friend ... and a good day (evening ... ;o)) to you.
    David Botello -- :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karthika UJ -- that's a great idea ... when I find the time, I would like to do just that. Thank you for the kind words ... I think it is something we all know, but forget to do, so I am reminding myself, too ... ;o)
    Ursula Klepper -- thank you so much, dearest! ... xo!
    Mima M -- thank you
    Simos Xenakis -- thank you, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mladen Janjetovic -- you're welcome and thank you ... :o)
    Craig Szymanski -- thank you, my friend ... :o)
    John Dunne -- I'm glad you think so, and a great added quote .. thank you ... :o)
    sourav maiti -- you're welcome ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mary Wardell -- don't we all? ... :o)
    Christopher Germano -- I've found, with myself, that it is more just a habit, but habits can be broken, and you have so many good points to focus on instead, my friend. And thank you for the kind words; that's my little "trick" too, to surround myself with people and things that support the positives in my life. I've done a lot of culling in my life ... ;o) ... and I have also done some very good choosing of late! ... ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful view on the beach and the shore. Great place to be !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Robin, very inspiring message. As a child who came from a negative household I learned early on that if I wanted to change and not be like minded I had to be positive, smile a lot and believe that anything I wanted I could do. I was the first one to go to college. I moved away and didn't look back. I have tried to instill that in my children also. Positive self tallk and beleving in yourself will get you what you want in life. Beautiful shot!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally agree ... Coz i do all the day ...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great message to go with Robin Griggs Wood and wonderful image

    ReplyDelete
  28. stunning shot, thanks for sharing with Breakfast Club

    ReplyDelete
  29. La quiete dopo la tempesta!!!!!!........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!