Skip to main content

Stand Up For Yourself


Stand Up For Yourself

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.

~ Tony Gaskins

I found an interesting article this morning on how to stand up for yourself.

The basics:

1. Be prepared. If you know you’re going to have to make a case for yourself, make sure you know what you’re talking about. 

2. Baby steps. Try out your tactics in low-risk situations to start — like asking for more time on a project or taking a couple of tasks off your plate. 

3. Change your perception of being nice. Being a nice person doesn’t mean you have to say yes to everything –– it’s ok to put your foot down — you’ll still be nice. 

4. Practice quiet power. Continue to listen and show your appreciation for people even when you are standing up for yourself. You do not have to raise your voice. 

5. Be honest. Getting what you need and want to succeed comes from the heart. Skip telling people what you think they want to hear and be real. 


- See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/life-work/how-to-start-standing-up-for-yourself/

––
About this art installation (also an interesting read):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Light









–––––
––
Love posting to themes? You might enjoy these great themes with excellent curators! Themes and hashtags are not necessarily about getting more attention, but are a valuable indexing method, which help others find relevant posts via clickable links as well as a great way to meet like-minded people. I tend to only promote those themes with active, caring curators.

#RepetitiveTuesday with thanks to Frank Schillinger Ping Doherty Andy Q.
#BreakfastClub with huge thanks to Gemma Costa and Breakfast Club
10000 PHOTOGRAPHERS / #10000photographersaroundtheworld  with thanks to Robert SKREINER
#pixelworld with thanks to Alberto Carreras and PixelWorld
#promotephotography with thanks to Nikola Nikolski Naghmeh Khadembashi Gittan Beheydt Milena Ilieva and Promote Photography




#rgwoodpost #photography #googleplusphotos #MyTownTuesday #Architecture #Art #StreetPhotography #Travel #tips #TravelPhotography



▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Please feel free to ask me,
if you would like any of my images 
available for print at robingriggswood.com

If you would like to view any of my albums here at G+,
you may access them directly via this backdoor link
 ––> https://plus.google.com/photos/+RobinGriggsWood/albums <–– 
instead of using the tab on my profile.

Comments

  1. Nancy Battis Vita Tagging you in here, because I know you keep an eye out for #lamppostlove  and wanted to make sure you see this cool shot!

    Wonderful perspective, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice concept and photography Robin Griggs Wood ..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon Adelson -- thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dusty Gedge -- thank you, my friend .. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Albrecht -- thank you very much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina Bolt -- thank you
    Raquel Fernández -- thank you, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooh!!!!  Shannon Adelson I am doing a happy dance right now.  Thank you so much for tagging me and my #lamppostlove .  I, well... love it :D  
    Awesome work, Robin Griggs Wood.  I am going to have to move this installation to the top of my bucket list of places to go, things to see and shoot like mad.  :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these lamp posts and the coloring here is great Robin Griggs Wood !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post Robin Griggs Wood, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Robin!  Why would they need so many lampposts so close together?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice post friend.... thanks for share....
    Good morning....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes you say the most incredible things at just the right time Robin Griggs Wood
    Spectacular shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robin Gorgeous .. So Beautiful Thank You .. Have a Great Nite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy Battis Vita -- :o)) ... and thank you, dear!
    Sonja Miller Williams -- thank you, dear!
    Carl Pettypiece -- thank you! ... and it's an art installation using old lampposts from the early 1900s. The link for the Wikipedia article about it is down a little lower in my post; it's pretty interesting ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie Irving -- thank you, dear!
    Gene Bowker -- thank you, my friend ... :o)
    George Fletcher -- thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sumit Sen -- thank you, my friend!
    Saurabh Gupta SRB -- you’re welcome, and thank you
    Majda khan -- thank you... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. paula contreras -- I’m so glad, and thank you, dear!
    Jürgen Olbricht -- thank you ... :o)
    Tina Bolt -- thank you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Robin Griggs Wood, I missed that part of your post... looks away abashed

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heheh, Carl Pettypiece -- no worries; there's too dang much to read around this place! .. ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Love The Lamp Post Beautiful Scence Thank You Sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yeah, I'm guilty of running on a bit myself, but it's those hyphens as separators...my mind just seems to shut off when I get to them.  Totally my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  22. L DO LIKE YOUR COMMENT DEAR MADAM AND CAN WE BE FRIENDS PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I know where this is!!!! I saw the Tim Burton exhibition here! Love the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. In that case...I should probably start with you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All said,I have high temper:especially when am miss understood, how can I be helped?grateful

    ReplyDelete
  26. FIRST YOU MUST BELEIVE IN YOURSELF

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!